The Upside Down World

Friday, April 28, 2006

Stuff to look at

I'm sure all my faithful minions are heartbroken that I haven't been blogging more this week, but packing must continue. So in the meantime, I'll direct you to some fun stuff to look through:
The Pig's Tales: A 4th grade teacher blogging about life, school, kids and an outrageously terrible principle. I recommend starting here and wandering through older posts (the stuff on her main page right now isn't as interesting as some of her older stuff, IMHO).
Generation Me: A new book which just came out about people born in the 70's, 80's and 90's based on lots of research which looks at the good and the bad of this generation. I'm going to blog about this at some point, but I just don't have the time right now. Check out the author's blog - older posts are better as she's been very busy out promoting her book the last few weeks. I don't agree with everything she has to say, but there's a lot of good stuff to think about. (Site appears to be down right this moment, but hopefully this is temporary.)
Go Fug Yourself: Pictures and critique of terribly dressed celebrities. OK, this is not very Christian and actually down-right snarky, but I must share that there have been times when at the end of a very long, hard day I look at this sight and see something like this and laugh so hard that life seems a little easier to take. And the girls who do the website, while perhaps not using their talents for the highest purposes, are great writers whose commentary is often funnier than the pictures. And in their (and my) defense, they disapprove of people walking around half naked just as much as my mother.
There you go. Grab some coffee and browse. I'll be back soon. I hope.

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Fatcat, at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next