The Upside Down World

Monday, August 21, 2006

Unclear on the concept

Over the weekend my 7 year old caught a big black cricket and put it in a plastic water bottle on our counter. (This is a huge improvement of his previous practice of placing bugs under over-turned drinking glasses on the counter, BTW.) I told him that he should let it go.
"But Mom, crickets bring good luck. The Chinese keep them for pets. I want a pet cricket for luck!"
"But you're going to kill it by keeping it in a plastic bottle," I protested.
"Dead crickets are still lucky!" was his indignant response.
Uh, I don't think so.

1 Comments:

  • Certainly not lucky for the cricket! :^) Good to see you back and posting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next